How is it already October? September is a month of abundance for me and every year I look forward to it with equal parts dread and anticipation. It’s a season of abundance in the gardens, long and good days of hard work, back to school rhythms, and just the adventures of life. It’s also one of the “last” months of Summer here in the Midwest, so I always try to soak up every single second of the gorgeous weather and store it up in my heart for the months to come.
This year, in midst of transition and turmoil in our world, there was something so comforting & renewing in the change of the season and a fresh start of Fall. The beauty of changing leaves have reminded daily that there is beauty in each season, we need eyes to see and time to savor. And that my friends, is exactly what my Fall Goals are all about, creating space in my life to enjoy the abundance and fruit of this season.
So today, I’m sharing my recap on how my good goals are growing and then below my October 2020 Goals. I do my goal planning using Cultivate What Matters Powersheets. I’ve used Powersheets for over seven years and they have been a powerful way for me to prioritize what matters in my life. Cultivate is launching their new collection this month, and I’m so excited to share that a portion of all proceeds benefit Zachariah’s Acres and our mission to connect kids with special needs to the miracles of nature, so they know their Creator.
If you are in need of the hope of a fresh start this Fall, head over to the Cultivate Shop and snag some goodies…the new collections launches October 14th, 2020!
Fall 2020 Goals – Update October 2nd, 2020
- Refresh my weekly rhythms (home & work) and complete “Weekly Routines Guide”
2. Prioritize mental & physical health with 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week (hike, bike, yoga, swim) .
3. Prepare my home, gardens, & heart for Fall.
4. Restore a sense of wonder & adventure with local adventures and social distance deck dates.
October 2020 Goals
Monthly Action Items
- Make elderberry syrup.
- Create a “Koselig Cupboard”.
- Personal Prayer Retreat (October 23rd, 2020)
- Clean up my home gardens, yard, and porch
Weekly Action Items
- Fall hike and savor God’s Creation.
- Family meal.
- Yoga or swim at the YMCA.
- 1/2 day to “refresh” my home.