I can’t believe September is already here. Fall is my absolute favorite season with crisp weather, football, bonfires, crunchy leaves, and cozy scarves!
The fresh hope of a new month and season is here and I’m feeling the push to start fresh, begin anew, and hope that the best is yet to come. There is something about this start to the school year that has me longing for a clean slate.
I’m taking some time this month to look at my rhythms and routines, using my “Weekly Routine” guide from my friend Diana Kerr and Powersheets Goal planner to help me prioritize what matters most in my life.
I don’t know about you, but with all the changes, rescheduling, and uncertainties there are so many days I forget what day (or even year) it is. It’s already an abundant time of year with events at work, soaking up every last drop of Summer weather in the Midwest, garden harvest, and so much more. I feel like my days have gone from a solid 35 mph pace to 90 mph overnight. The life and times of a #reluctantfarmgirl
For me, that is a bit hint I need to pull out my trusty rhythms and give them a refresh. In the sake of accountability and honesty, I’m sharing my refreshed Fall 2020 Goals and September 2020 tending list.
Fall 2020 Goals
- Refresh my weekly rhythms (home & work) and complete “Weekly Routines Guide”
2. Prioritize mental & physical health with 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week (hike, bike, yoga, swim) .
3. Prepare my home, gardens, & heart for Fall.
4. Restore a sense of wonder & adventure with local adventures and social distance deck dates.
Monthly Action Items:
- Preserve the Harvest: pesto, apple sauce, tomato sauce…
2. Read: One: Unity in a divided World by Diedra Riggs
3. Schedule a Fall Retreat
4. Prayerfully consider how to serve at my local church.
Weekly Action Items:
- Regular blog posts & hope*writer day
- Family Meal
- Local Adventure
- Bike Ride
Daily Action Items